The Cairns City Kennel Club has paved the way in COVID Safety. We were the first club in Queensland to hold a sanctioned obedience and agility trial and the first club outside of Brisbane to host a dog show. Thank you to all of the members and participants in club events and activities for taking on the extra tasks and challenges associated with COVID Safety.
As of Saturday, 13 March 2021, the Queensland Government eased restrictions for events. What this means for the CCKC is a significant easing of our COVID Safe practices. All we need to do now is:
- Maintain physical distancing
- Frequent hand washing/sanitising
- Maintain good cleaning practices. e.g. clean toilets after each training session, event or activity
- Do not come to the club if you are unwell
- No buffets or self-service food
- Indoor spaces are still limited to 1 person per 2 square metres.
Some things can stop doing or no longer need to do:
- Sign-in/check-in on arrival
- Complete cleaning checklists
- Complete COVID Event Checklists for events
- Allocate camping spaces – camping does not have a capacity limit or require spacing between sites.
Additional information is available on the Dogs Queensland website: Paw Prints – Easing of Restrictions
The Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction (No. 16) is available at: Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction (No. 16) | Queensland Health