Dog Sports are a fantastic way to build a long lasting and exciting relationship with your dog. Your dog will benefit from the physical and mental stimulation, and you as the handler also get to be active. There are a variety of sports which and will suit everyone of any age, from the beginners and those with aiming for high level achievements. Mixed breed and rescue dogs are all eligible to compete in Dog Sports.
The Cairns City Kennel Club offers the following dog sports:
- Rally Obedience
- Agility, Jumping and Agility Games
- Scent Works
- Trick Dogs
Full details of Dog Sport Rules refer to the ANKC website.
Dog Sport Trials
The Club hosts a number of trials throughout the year.
- Competition schedules are published on the Dogs Queensland website.
- For information about upcoming trials or to submit an entry, contact the Trial Secretary.
- Enter online via K9 Entries
- If you are paying by direct deposit please ensure you include your name and the payment is for. e.g. “S Example April trial”. Bank account details for the direct deposit are available from the Trial Secretary.
- Download a copy of the Agility Timing Gate Instructions
Dog Sports Training
The Club has a great team of experienced handlers who provide coaching and mentoring to new competitors. Go to Dog Sports Training for more information.