Members competing in Dog Sports have the opportunity to refine and develop their skills under the guidance of experience coaches and mentors.
What to bring
- Flat collar and lead (if training in Obedience or Rally Obedience, bring the collar and lead you will use during completion).
- Treat pouch or bum-bag which allows easy access to treats during training.
- Lots of small, moist, easy to swallow yummy treats about the size of your small fingertip (e.g. sausage, cheese).
- Bring a container with extra treats to refill your treat pouch when needed.
- Tug toy or other non-food reward.
2020 Course dates and times
- Obedience (Advanced): Thursday, 6:30 pm to 7:30 m
- Agility/Jumping (Advanced): Thursday, 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Sunday 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm, (summer 4:30pm to 6:30pm)
- Rally Obedience: Once a month typically on Tuesday, 8:15 pm. Details posted on the Club’s Facebook page.
- Trick Dog Training: Once a month typically on Tuesday, 8:15 pm. Details posted on the Club’s Facebook page.
- FlyBall: Wednesday, 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- K9 Scent Games: Friday evening and Saturday mornings. Dates and times posted on the Club’s Facebook page.
Dog sport training etiquette
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before start time so you can set up your crate, toilet your dog and assist with the set up of equipment.
- All participants are requested to assist with the set up and pack down of all equipment.
- Dogs must be securely crated when not training.
- A dog can only be off lead when it is training in the ring. Do not allow your dog to run off-lead between the ring and their crate.
- Use the designated toileting areas only.
CCKC Clubhouse, 1 Quigley Street Cairns.
- Annual fee of $85 for members.
- A pro-rata fee of $45 applies for handlers joining after 30 June.
Short courses and workshops
Throughout the year a variety of short courses or workshops are also held, for example:
- Crate games
- Weave poles