For the information of Cairns City Kennel Club Inc members.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Cairns City Kennel Club Inc, Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Election of Office Bearers and Management Committee for 2023 will be held at the Cairns City Kennel Club clubhouse, 11 Quigley Street, Parramatta Park on Saturday, 28 January 2023, commencing at 6:00 pm with social drinks and a light supper followed by the AGM commencing at 7:00 pm.
For catering purposes or to note your apology, please RSVP by 21 January 2023. RSVP for the AGM..
Business to be conducted at the AGM
- Welcome and apologies
- To confirm minutes from the last AGM
- To receive and adopt Accounts and any accompanying Treasurers reports for 2022
- To adopt a qualified Auditor
- To receive the Presidents Report
- Presentation of Life Membership
- To vote on resolutions and motions
- Special Resolution: Adoption of the revised Rules of Association
- Election of Office Bearers and Management Committee
Election of office bearers and management committee
In accordance with Rule 40 of the Rules of Association, nominations for office bearers and the management committee will close at 11:59 pm on Saturday, 7 January 2023. Nominations must be signed by at least one member and the nominee. Download a copy of the Nomination Form.
Completed Nomination Forms must be emailed to [email protected]. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Membership fees for 2023 are $20 for Single, $25 for Double, junior membership is free.
In accordance with Rule 61 (b) of the Rules of Association, only current financial members who have been a member for greater than 3 months, are permitted vote at the AGM. To be eligible to vote, members must renew their membership either:
Prior to the AGM
- Complete the membership renewal form.
- Pay via direct deposit to:
BSB: 064 804
Account number: 00912054
Payment description: In the payment description write “Mship 23” followed by your name, e.g. “Mship 23 Bloggs”
- Email the completed membership form and evidence of payment to [email protected]
At the AGM
Renewal of membership will be accepted from 6:00 pm. Present your completed membership form on the night and payment can be made by cash, cheque or EFTPOS.
In accordance with Rule 11 of the Rules of Association, the last day membership renewals will be accepted is Saturday, 28 January 2023. After which members will need to re-apply as a new member.
Life Membership is the highest honour awarded to a member of the Cairns City Kennel Club. The nominee must have completed at least six (6) years of continuous meritorious and conspicuous service. Nominations close at 11:59 pm on Saturday, 7 January 2023. Nominate a member for Life Membership.
Special Resolution: Adoption of the revised Rules of Association
In 2020 the Queensland Parliament passed the Associations Incorporation and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2020. The Associations Incorporation and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2020 makes amendments to the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (the Act) and the Associations Incorporation Regulation 1999 (the Regulation).
Objectives of the review:
- Meet the commitment made to undertake a review at the 2022 AGM
- Align with the amendments to the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 and the Associations Incorporation Regulation 1999
- Improve readability by using plain English
- Simplify the Objects and Powers to provide greater flexibility
- Address identified issues, for example, the quorum for a general meeting.
Click on the following links for further information:
- Current Rules of Association (adopted in 1994)
- Draft Rules of Association
- Background information on the Draft Rules of Association
- Presentation given to members on 14 November 2022
- Feedback received to date.
The final agenda, details of resolutions and motions, and the list of nominations will be emailed to members on Saturday, 21 January 2023.