Good evening members,
I would first like to acknowledge the challenging times we are in at the moment. Many of you will be faced with many new and often troubling experiences dealing with home isolation, working from home, perhaps loss of income, home schooling or you may know of someone close to you or your family affected. I encourage you to reach out to family, friends and neighbors to stay connected, perhaps a phone call to a loved one or a chat over the fence with your neighbor. I have enjoyed seeing lots of families out walking together, in some ways it has brought some families closer together, but I acknowledge that these are trying times for many of you.
- Show handling classes (held on Monday evenings)
- Obedience classes – puppy preschool, pet manners, intermediate and advanced classes (held on Tuesday evenings)
- Flyball training (held on Wednesday evenings)
- Advanced competition and obedience training (held on Thursday evenings)
- K9 Scent Games training (held on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings)
- Advanced Competition Agility Training (held on Sunday afternoons)
- All club meetings, except those held via teleconference
- Obedience, Rally-O, Agility, Jumping and Games Trial scheduled for 5, 6 and 7 June 2020
- Tracking Trial scheduled for 20 and 21 June 2020
- Confirmation Dog Show scheduled for 18 and 19 July 2020
- Obedience, Rally-O, Agility, Jumping and Games Trial scheduled for 7, 8 and 9 August 2020
- Tracking Trial scheduled for 15 and 16 August 2020
- Any other activity, event, training session, workshop, seminar or meeting not listed above which are run by the CCKC or held a the CCKC grounds.
The Cairns Show Association has postponed, to a date yet to be advised, the 2020 Cairns Agricultural Show. This means the Obedience, Agility and Jumping Trial scheduled for 10 and 11 July, and the Conformation Dog Show scheduled for 17 July are also postponed.
A shout out to the Obedience team with awesome training videos on the Facebook. Great work team!
There are several useful resources regarding CoViD-19 available:
- Lifeline: Mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
- Beyond Blue: Coronavirus mental wellbeing support service
- Queensland Health: Unite Against COVID-19
The Management Committee will continue to monitor the situation and work closely with Dogs Queensland and local health authorities.
Please stay safe and look after yourselves, family and friends.
Junior Vice President and Publicity Officer