Applications are now open for market stallholders to join the fun at the Cairns City Kennel Club’s Open Day.
The open day is part of the clubs 70th anniversary celebrations to showcase some of the fantastic activities the largest dog club in Queensland has to offer. Throughout the day we will be running regular demonstrations of our dog sports (obedience, agility, rally, scent works and flyball), opportunities to meet some of Cairns’ top winning show dogs, and plenty of opportunity for community participation with games and activities throughout the day. This is a dog friendly event and members of the public are encouraged to bring their dog and join in the fun.
Stalls with dog or pet themed products or services are encouraged. However stalls selling other products are encouraged to participate, for example
- Beauty and Skincare
- Homewares and furniture
- Gourmet Goods – Honey, Jam, Chutney etc
When: Saturday, 19 March 2022. 9am to 1pm.
Where: Cairns City Kennel Club, Cairns Show Grounds, 11 Quigley Street, Cairns.
Sites: We have 2 types of market stall sites available:
- An unpowered outdoor site measuring 3m x 3m. $20 for the day
- A powered covered site measuring 3m x 2.5. $25 for the day.
- Gates will be open from 6am on the day.
- All stall holders must be set up and ready to trade by 9am and trade through to 1pm.
- Stallholders who have not occupied their stall by commencement of the trading hours forfeit their stall booking and will not be entitled to any credit or refund.
- Stallholders may only set up in designated areas.
- Access to the site is via the Gate 7 of Show Grounds, Scott St. Adjacent to the BMX track. There will be a dedicated parking area for stall holders.
- The Cairns City Kennel Club Inc reserves the right to reject booking applications without entering into correspondence or otherwise explain reasoning for decisions.
- The Cairns City Kennel Club Inc reserves the right to refuse entry or request a stallholder leave the site on the day.
- The Cairns City Kennel Club Inc may cancel a vendor’s booking if items offered for sale are of significantly poor quality
Stallholders cannot sell:
No used sleepwear, underwear or make-up. The Queensland Government, Office of Fair Trading, administers a range of national mandatory safety and information standards and bans for particular products supplied in the consumer marketplace, including weekend markets. Standards apply to children’s toys, nightwear, cosmetics and care labelling on clothing and textiles. Full details of these regulated consumer products can be viewed and downloaded from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) website at www.productsafety.gov.au.
Please also note the following banned sales, substances and activities:
Second hand electrical products, animals, poisonous products, prescription medications, illegal or offensive items, firearms, ammunition, explosives, weapons or dangerous goods of any kind, cigarettes/alcohol/drugs and illegal drug-related products, the sale of lottery, art union or raffle tickets, the conducting of any guessing game, lucky dip, chocolate wheel, side-show, competition, or game of chance is prohibited.
To apply for a site, click here to download the vendor application form and email the completed for, to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information call Kerry on 0400 061 718.