The Pet Manners dog training program is a great all round program for dogs 5 months of age. Handlers learn the key training tools for developing a great working relationship with their canine family member. Some key topics covered are principles of positive reinforcement dog training techniques, lead handling skills, managing interaction with other dog and developing focus through engagement and communication.
At the successful completion of the Pet Manners dog training program, handlers and their dogs will be assessed and may elect to continue to the Intermediate level program.
Total of 9 sessions (run over 9 weeks) which includes a mandatory information and orientation session (no dogs please). Each session is 1 hour.
Course dates and times
The Club runs dog training classes every Tuesday evening from February to November at 7pm. Monthly enrolment occurs on the last Tuesday of the month. Places are limited so preregistration is required.
What to bring
- Flat collar or Halti/Gentle Leader.
- Sturdy lead (approximately 1.5m).
- Treat pouch or bum-bag which allows easy access to treats during training.
- Lots of small, moist, easy to swallow yummy treats (e.g. sausage, cheese) about the size of a pea or your small fingertip.
Bring a container with extra treats to refill your treat pouch when needed.
- A mat large enough for your dog to lie on completely.
All class fees include membership to the Cairns City Kennel Club Inc.
- $120, includes single membership.
- $125, includes double membership.
- $130, includes family membership.
- $80 for an additional dog taken to class by a family member.
Amber, Karen, Raelene and Jason