The Puppy Preschool dog training program is specifically developed for young dogs under 5 months of age. Puppies must have had their second vaccination to be eligible for enrolment. The dog training course improves the puppy’s confidence and helps develop important canine social interaction skills. Handlers learn the basic principles of positive reinforcement training and many useful hints and tips for training your new puppy to become a pleasant and well-adjusted member of your family.
Duration and time
Total of 7 session, the first session is orientation for handlers only (please leave your puppy at home), followed by 6 session of instructor led training with your puppy. Total duration is 7 weeks.
Enrolment is every 6 weeks (see Orientation Dates below). Places are limited so registration and prepayment is required.
What to bring
- Flat collar or Halti/Gentle Leader.
- Sturdy lead (approximately 1.5m).
- Treat pouch or bum-bag which allows easy access to treats during training.
- Lots of small, moist, easy to swallow yummy treats about the size of your small fingertip (e.g. sausage, cheese).
- Bring a container with extra treats to refill your treat pouch when needed.
- A mat large enough for your dog to lie on completely.
- $115 including single club membership.
- $120 including double club membership
- After completing the 7 week course, additional 6 week long training blocks are available at $80 per dog.
2021 Orientation Dates:
- 26 January, followed by 6 weeks of classes from 2 February to 9 March
- 9 March, followed by 6 weeks of classes from 16 March to 20 April
- 20 April, followed by 6 weeks of classes from 27 April to 1 June
- 1 June, followed by 6 weeks of classes from 8 June to 13 July
- 20 July, followed by 6 weeks of classes from 27 July to 31 August
- 14 September, followed by 6 weeks of classes from 21 September to 26 October
- 26 October, followed by 6 weeks of classes from 2 November to 7 December
For further information or to register contact the Head Instructor.
Read about Dog Training Etiquette