The Puppy Preschool dog training program is specifically developed for young dogs under 5 months of age. Puppies must have had their second vaccination to be eligible for enrolment. The dog training course improves the puppy’s confidence and helps develop important canine social interaction skills. Handlers learn the basic principles of positive reinforcement training and many useful hints and tips for training your new puppy to become a pleasant and well-adjusted member of your family.
Total of 9 session (run over 9 weeks) which includes information and orientation session (handlers only), 4 sessions indoor and 4 sessions outdoors.
Course dates and times
The Club runs dog training classes every Tuesday evening from February to November at 7pm. Monthly enrolment occurs on the last Tuesday of the month. Places are limited so preregistration is required.
What to bring
- Flat collar or Halti/Gentle Leader.
- Sturdy lead (approximately 1.5m).
- Treat pouch or bum-bag which allows easy access to treats during training.
- Lots of small, moist, easy to swallow yummy treats about the size of your small fingertip (e.g. sausage, cheese).
- Bring a container with extra treats to refill your treat pouch when needed.
- A mat large enough for your dog to lie on completely.
- $100 for new Club members (includes Club membership).
- $80 for existing Club members.
Jean, Lisa, Jess and Annette
For further information or to register contact the Head Instructor.
Download a copy of the CCKC Dog Training brochure
Read about Dog Training Etiquette