The Puppy Preschool dog training program is specifically developed for young dogs under 5 months of age.
The dog training course improves the puppy’s confidence and helps develop important canine social interaction skills. Handlers learn the basic principles of positive reinforcement training and many useful hints and tips for training your new puppy to become a pleasant and well-adjusted member of your family.
Puppies must have had their second vaccination to be eligible for enrolment.
Duration and time: Total of 7 session, the first session is orientation for handlers only (please leave your puppy at home), followed by 6 session of instructor led training with your puppy. Total duration is 7 weeks.
Enrolment: Enrolment is every 6 weeks (see Orientation Dates below). Places are limited so registration and prepayment is required.
What to bring:
- Flat collar or Halti/Gentle Leader.
- Sturdy lead (approximately 1.5m).
- Treat pouch or bum-bag which allows easy access to treats during training.
- Lots of small, moist, easy to swallow yummy treats about the size of your small fingertip (e.g. sausage, cheese).
- Bring a container with extra treats to refill your treat pouch when needed.
- A mat large enough for your dog to lie on completely.
- $115 including single club membership.
- $120 including double club membership
- $100 for current CCKC members
- After completing the 7 week course, additional 6 week long training blocks are available at $80 per dog.
2023 Orientation Dates:
- 24 January
- 7 March
- 18 April
- 30 Ma
- 25 July
- 5 September
- 17 October
Download a copy of the CCKC Dog Training brochure
Read about Dog Training Etiquette